7.26.2017

Sometimes all you can do to make yourself read again is find one subject that holds your attention and lean into it with all your strength. My reading resolution of 52 books a year has been a true challenge in both 2016 and 2017, and so far this year I've only managed to squeak through 14. But, a few of those books lately have gone more smoothly, have held my attention more firmly, have kept me coming back to them and working through them. What an enormous relief. They've all been books about magic and witches, magic and witches. If there's a woman in them learning her own power through magic I'm there.

16 hour long audiobooks? Put them in my ears, as long as there's stories about Baba Yaga and spell-casting. Ebooks when I don't usually make good use of my Kobo? I'll pay attention as long as someone is researching the Salem Witch Trails while simultaneously discovering her own magic. Heck, I'll even read Witches of East End EVEN THOUGH it's dumb.

Please, for the love of my reading-hungry brain, suggest witch books to me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Have you read Chime by Franny Billingsley? It's not exactly about witches but it is about a girl discovering her power. And also oh you should read Lost Magic by Berthe Amoss. It IS about a witch, and it scared the living hell out of me when I was a kid. I'm still scared of mandrakes to this day, and Lost Magic is why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, JENNY. I haven't read either of these!

      Delete