10.21.2015

"Ship of Death!"


   Mooooviiiiies will give me a break from thinking about The Monk. In order of appearance in the previous post:
  1. The Godfather Part II (1974)
  2. Les Miserables (2012)
  3. Sahara (2005)
  4. Shining Through (1992)
  5. The Godfather (1972)
   Clearly everyone should watch The Godfather parts one AND two (and probably three buuuut, I haven't seen it. I've seen the other two MULTIPLE times), and Les Miserables is so great even though Russell Crowe as Javert is supremely disappointing; but don't bother watching Shinging Through it is very much made in the 90s by Americans about WWII. 

   Now that those are out of the way, let's talk about Sahara. SAHARA. Oh how I love you. Sahara is the best and I am sliiightly embarrassed by how much I enjoy it but FRIENDS this movie is great. It has so many jokes. The cinematography is genuinely good. Steve Zahn is a triumph. I probably watch this movie once a year. It is so stuffed full of ridiculous coincidences and at one point someone uses a camel to assist them in a spectacular kick and WOW, this movie has it all. 

   Sometimes you can love something even though it has problems and even though its primary quality is silliness. And such is Sahara

3 comments:

  1. Saharaaaaaaaaaaaa! My friend made me watch this a few years ago and I surprise loved it even though I don't love anyone IN it. (I like Steve Zahn! I'm not mad at him. I just don't love him.) Member when they use the Civil War ironsides ship to shoot at the helicopter? That was my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a bizarre love for this movie, and you are SO RIGHT about the helicopter shooting scene. One of my favourite things is that the helicopter keeps taking passes to shoot at them EVEN THOUGH helicopters can hover in one spot and shoot to their hearts content.

      Delete
  2. Saharaaaaaaaaaaaa! My friend made me watch this a few years ago and I surprise loved it even though I don't love anyone IN it. (I like Steve Zahn! I'm not mad at him. I just don't love him.) Member when they use the Civil War ironsides ship to shoot at the helicopter? That was my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete