10.06.2015

September Reading

   Oh! Hey! It's October??? Not sure how that happened but okay. Here is what I read in September: 
  • The Four Loves / C. S. Lewis: I listened to a recording of the man himself reading this, and it was great.
  • Revival, v. 2 / Tim Seeley: uuuugh I love it. When will my library get more??!!???
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up / Marie Kondo: I like to fold now? 
  • The Weight of Blood / Laura McHugh: surprisingly good! 
  • Saga, v. 4 / Brian K. Vaughan: I juuuust about cried some real tears while reading this. So good. Why don't I own volume five. 
  • South / Ernest Shackleton: I have so many feelings about this book, and I love Antarctic exploration so much, and when the Endurance started to sink I had to take a break from reading this book because I was OVERWHELMED. 
  • Crocodile on the Sandbank / Elizabeth Peters: I don't know why I waited so long to read this because it was SO DELIGHTFUL, in so many senses of the word. Funny! Clever! Historically believable! It has so many things going for it and I have the second one on hold. 
   With South I passed my yearly goal of reading at least 52 books, which isn't really a difficult goal to reach. I never really know how to count comics towards my final count, so I group them by title instead of volume (because they are SO SHORT) but Goodreads counts every volume toward my yearly count and so everything is all confused. REGARDLESS, I'm happy with my reading amount this month. October is likely to be reading-light, I'm in major school crunch time. Thank goodness for the Monkalong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment