8.05.2015

July, You Were...Month-Like

I'm looking at you, July.

   Well. It's August. July was...weird, reading-wise. It was hard to get through anything; in comparison to other months I was basically an illiterate slob.  Maybe it's the heat.

   Regardless, here are the three (wow) books I read in July:
  • Modern Romance / Aziz Ansari: in a reading slump? Get an audiobook where the narrator calls you lazy for listening instead of reading, it's a bit cathartic. Cathartic might be the wrong word to use there, but I'm running with it. As a bonus, this book was enjoyable and included some good tidbits. Recommend.
  • Girl in Dior / Annie Goetzinger: primarily this book is just really pretty to look at. It's charming. The female characters aren't carbon copies of each other. It took a very short amount of time to read.
  • The Photographer / Emmanuel Guibert: we already know how I feel about this one. Read it. It's valuable.
   And there you have it! One short comic, one long comic, and an audiobook. Ooof. Here's looking at you, August. Seriously, I gotta get my rear in gear and get some books down my maw (except not, because I don't eat books).  This is a month of much away-from-home-ing though, so who knows what will happen.

2 comments:

  1. The heat is so bad. Let's blame it for everything. I can certainly blame it for how stupid my hair looks. THANKS A LOT HEAT. And for how unfun it is to do my exercising now. THANKS A LOT HEAT YOU JERK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmanuel Guibert??...oh. It appears I was confusing him with the French actress Emmanuelle Béart, so we're all good and nothing is weird.

    Modern Romance was fun AND informative. HUZZAH.

    ReplyDelete