5.16.2015

Fin: The Minithon


   Minithon is a wrap and my accomplishments were suitably small. Here's what I did:
  • Listened to two parts out of twelve of The Amber Spyglass and was somewhat confused, since I don't remember the two previous books being quite as thoroughly soaked in anti-God vitriol. 
  • Read one short story out of Vampires in the Lemon Grove and was hella spooked. (It's called Proving Up and y'all should read it asap)
  • Did a bunch of laundry.
  • Made and consumed (very tasty) mini-muffins.
  • Mourned the failure of my mini croissants, which turned out not only to be kind of gross but also NORMAL SIZED, an offense I canna forgive.
  • Read a whopping two pages out of Why Humans Like to Cry, high-five, self.
  • Had an unexpected visit by some out-of-town friends and their adorable dog.
   All in all, I'm calling this minithon a roaring success. Reading for 24 hours straight? Cray. Reading and snacking for 8 hours with many breaks for twitter? Yes please. Here's to next time!


2 comments:

  1. Ahaha, yep, the anti-God vitriol in The Amber Spyglass gets INTENSE. Like to the point where I have a hard time reading the book because it's so preachy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my accomplishments were suitably small" - hahaha me tooooo!

    I'm bummed about the Amber Spyglass. What's more annoying than preachiness is anti-God preachiness! How ironic.

    Mini-muffins are the best! Glad you had fun during minithon!

    ReplyDelete