1.05.2015

movies 2014


   By now I think we all know the drill. I keep lists of the movies I watch and books I read, blah blah blah, here are the movies. Here is the link to 2013's list. I set a goal to watch no more than 52 movies this year, and I'm pleased to say that I watched 45. This is the fewest I've watched in a year since I started keeping track, and I feel good about it. The goal is the same for 2015, with some added intention of having fewer re-watches and fewer watched mindlessly by myself.

   Listed in the order I watched them. An * means it is are-watch, italics means I saw it on the big screen, the release year is in brackets.
  1. Frozen (13)
  2. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (11)
  3. An Affair to Remember (57)
  4. Barbara (12) (German)
  5. *West Side Story (61)
  6. The Lego Movie (14)
  7. *The Invasion (07)
  8. *Sahara (05)
  9. *Ferris Bueller's Day Off (86)
  10. *Sweet Smell of Success (57)
  11. *Citizen Kane (41)
  12. Captain America: Winter Soldier (14)
  13. *The Godfather (72)
  14. *Princess Bride (88)
  15. The Chalk Garden (64)
  16. Snow White and the Huntsman (12)
  17. Noah (14)
  18. *Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (08)
  19. *The Fall (06)
  20. *Bonnie and Clyde (67)
  21. Veronica Mars (14)
  22. *Somewhere (10)
  23. *Prometheus (12)
  24. Psycho (60)
  25. Rebel Without a Cause (55)
  26. X-Men: Days of Future Past (14)
  27. Cool Runnings (93)
  28. *Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (09)
  29. Nordwand (08) (German)
  30. *Hanna (11)
  31. *Notorious (46)
  32. *Cat Ballou (65)
  33. Silver Linings Playbook (12)
  34. *Dial M for Murder (54)
  35. Escape Plan (13)
  36. *Les Miserables (12)
  37. *Anastasia (97)
  38. Phantom of the Opera (25)
  39. *Secondhand Lions (03)
  40. Interstellar (14)
  41. *The Dark Knight (08)
  42. *Cowboys and Aliens (11)
  43. Rounders (98)
  44. *The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (05)
  45. Meet Me in St Louis (44)
    One of my favorite benefits of keeping track of what I watch is that when I look over or type out the list, I can recall the circumstances of my movie watching. For example, I got a tattoo on the same day that I watched Psycho (veeery late at night) with three good friends. I watched Cool Runnings with some Australians before they flew home after a day full of paintball. I cried when I watched Noah. A chihuahua sat on my lap while I watched Snow White. Silver Linings Playbook made me laugh at reactions to Hemingway while sitting on my friend's small couch in her small house in the mountains. I learned to play poker then absolutely had to watch Rounders. When I watched Les Miserables with my sister and two of our friends (my sister is also my friend), one of them couldn't stop singing along. Cineplex continued with showing classics and I was glad to see several favorites on the big screen. I got to see Phantom of the Opera on Halloween accompanied by live organ music.

   Basically, this list is like a treasure trove of memories, the vast majority of them good. It's like scent memory, but with movies. I highly recommend keeping track of your media consumption, for this and many other reasons. ALSO: if you want to know what I thought of these movies, click on the "movies" tag and viola: the posts about movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment