11.22.2014

Minithon


   It is 10:00 here in Alberta, and I am joining this readathon a wee bit late. One might say that my tardiness is MINI. Keeping with the theme! I have also just pulled my MINI pizza out of the oven and am drinking an espresso which one might call a MINI coffee and I'm not sure why I keep putting "mini" in all caps. So far those are all the miniature foods I have, but I have to go out later today mid-thon and who knows, some teeny foods might find their way into my home and heart (stomach) after all.

    The reading!
Did you know that George Orwell got shot in the neck? WELL HE DID.

   Admittedly, Homage to Catalonia is mini in neither concept nor execution, but I only have one chapter left, ergo: so mini. As a side note, OMGosh read this book it is amazing. 

Coins are mini? Pearls are mini? Fairies are mini? Lizards? Mini?

  ALSO not very mini, BUT it features Meggie who is 12, she's a veritable teacup human and is therefore mini. It's about the power of reading and when you read you are looking at words on a page and they are small? What? It also prominently features Dad/Daughter Feelings and the movie stars none other than Brendan Fraser sooooo...I love it. It also reminds me that the amount of books I will read in my lifetime is mini in comparison to the amount of books there are in the world. Depressing.

ACTUALLY MINI!

   I don't even need to reach for this one! 87 pages, baby. I read Steinbeck's short books in an attempt to assuage my guilt over not having read East of Eden.

   I also have several articles for my Contemporary Feminist Theory class and a few days from my One Year Bible which I am sadly behind in to read, so the mini readings are waaaaay more bountiful than the mini snacks. So much reading! I already feel the need for more espresso and/or a nap. Let the reading/tweeting/snacking begin! Oh! And! My twitter handle is @olyvianne

14 comments:

  1. Hey, Alberta! Hello, fellow Canadian! Wintry, isn't it?

    Mini in all caps was effectively communicating your enthusiasm, which I am ALL FOR. Also, excellent work on your books choices. Mini onward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fellow Canadian! The True North Strong and Freezing, am I right?

      Your list of mini books has made me want to add a few comics to my reading today.

      Delete
  2. Well done on the espresso = mini coffee. Great minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds indeed! I am about to make my second mini coffee. The sheer amount of espresso I intend to consume today isn't mini by any means.

      Delete
  3. "It also reminds me that the amount of books I will read in my lifetime is mini in comparison to the amount of books there are in the world." <---existential mini justification. This is the most cerebral thing I will read all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's one thing I do well, it's having a mini existential crisis over the sheer number of books there are in the world that I will never even know the titles of.

      Delete
    2. Yes. I have occasionally cried in the bookstore during this exact crisis. Think of all the OTHER language books! The world is so big and I am so MINI. AGHHHHHH /sob

      Delete
  4. Damnit, now I want coffee.

    The Pearl is not good! But Inkheart is great! So hurray! Also mini pizzas are amazing, well done. MINI ON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inkheart is SO GREAT and I am listening to the audiobook, so even my effort in reading it is mini.

      Delete
  5. You're already an expert at justifying things as mini. And your book choices! So thinky!

    (I DID NOT KNOW THAT ABOUT GEORGE ORWELL.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      (He definitely makes it sound like it is Totally Not A Big Deal, in the most hilarious way possible. I can't even explain it, you MUST read the book!)

      Delete
  6. Way to throw some very introspective mini-ness in with talk of mini food and teacup humans. You truly are a master of the mini.

    ReplyDelete