5.02.2014

not dead yet

   HAHAHAHA wow. Thanks, April, for being a weirdly non-productive-but-productive-at-the-same-time month. I think I read maybe two books in April, which is way low for me. Granted, I was busy doing things like finishing a semester of university (woot woot) but still: one post? Two books? In my defense (not in my defense) I did get through an entire season of Lost and a lot of Psych (which is full of hilarity, I gotta say. I recommend it. Crime procedurals! My dearest televised love. [It is available on both Canadian and American Netflix, as is Lost]) And I wrote some big papers and some exams and finished some courses sooooo, April: not a total write-off. I also wrote, but never posted, an extremely long quasi-essay about body image and how I came to stop hating the meat-machine I live in, but it is very long and rambly, and I haven't decided whether or not to edit and post it.

   Okay, I just looked at my Books 2014 list and the number of books I've read since my last post is a whopping ONE. Wowzer, WTH happened. (A side note here. You may have noticed that I often punctuate questions with a full stop instead of a question mark and I want to reassure you that yes: I do know how to use punctuation and am rather good with grammar. It implies a different tone of voice, and I find it funny. When grammar is misused, it should always be done with full knowledge and some motivation/justification as to why. If you know the rules, you can judiciously break them.)

   The book I read was Anne of Windy Poplars / L. M. Montgomery, and it was delightful. I came late to the Anne train, but oh boy do I love her now. And to think I used to revile Anne Shirley. I blame the various Anne of Green Gables movies/miniseries, except maybe the first one which I only have a vague picture of in my head. Anne is great! Long live Anne.

   Here's looking at you, May. Let us hope for a vast improvement in reading amounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment