3.05.2014

on the go

   It's a disease.

   Here are a few of the books that are currently vying for my attention. I say "a few" because if I were to list every book I have started and not finished, we'd be here all year. 
  • HHhH / Laurent Binet - a book about Reinhard Heydrich is going to take a long time to read no matter what. It's difficult to read about his early life when you know he went on to come up with the Final Solution.
  • I Am Legend / Richard Matheson - one of the audiobooks I've currently got on my phone. I feel like I don't need to explain this one, everyone's heard of it by now. It's spooky.
  • Drunk Tank Pink / Adam Atler - this one is interesting but scattered and I like some structure in my non-fiction, thanks very much. I only have a few more days to listen to it before it gets returned to the library so I'd better get on it.
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go / Patrick Ness - I've been hearing about this one from pretty much the entire world, and now it is sitting sad and forlorn on my floor, with only a few pages read.
  • True History of the Kelly Gang / Peter Carey - this has been my "on the go"/lunch hour book for awhile, until I somehow took it out of my purse without remembering that I'd done so.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete / Tupac Shakur - a friend of mine was giving away a bunch of books, and among the pile of baby/pregnancy guides was this gem. A book of Tupac's poetry? Put it in my brain. 
   There are too many things to do and read, not to mention assignments that need to be written and turned in. My floor is covered in piles and piles of books. Cleaning my room basically consists of making three piles of books into one pile and moving the larger piles nearer to my overflowing bookshelf. GET A GRIP.

   Here's hoping that alla y'all are in the middle of several books as well, so we can all identify and sympathize with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment